Hippy, chic, cosmopolitan, bohemian and many other words will never cover all the aspects of the city. Copenhagen is a fascinating vacation destination that will guarantee lots of fun, interesting observations, and exciting views. Following the guide to Copenhagen, every traveler, irrespective of his/her preferences and interests, will find the spot or place to enjoy.
How to Reach the City
There are several ways to get to Copenhagen, with coming by the plane being the easiest one. The international airport here is connected with trains and metros, so you can use public transport to travel to the city center and other places right after you arrive.
Friendliness and hospitality of locals are impressive, which means you are not likely to get lost. Additionally, adventurers sometimes use buses, taxis, and private drivers as a transfer to or from the airport.
Where to Stay
A famous tourist destination welcomes different types of adventurers.
Depending on the purpose of the tour and your preferences, you can choose one of the neighborhoods, which will be convenient for your stay:
- Indre By for newcomers;
- Norrebro for people with a limited budget;
- Vesterbro for active nightlife lovers;
- Christianshavn for those who enjoy attractive views;
- Osterbro for families.
Besides, don’t forget to check the best time to visit Copenhagen. Spring and summer are usually preferred by experienced adventurers.
Best Things to Do in Сopenhagen
The trip to Copenhagen can be filled with interesting facts, positive emotions and educational moments.
Take your time to get the guide to Copenhagen and choose the attractions you want to visit. Here are several most appreciated spots to see:
- Little Mermaid is the statue located at Langelinie. It has suffered a lot over the years, but it still remains one of the most visited ones in Europe. Don't hesitate to see the statue, as it is very small but unique.
- Nokken can be found between the Amager Fælled and the harbor. It is an exotic hidden gem full of hobbit houses and allotment gardens. A plethora of jugglers, statues and relaxing vibes are offered here, so it’s a perfect variant for those, who want to escape the crowd in the center of the city.
- Botanical Gardens are one of the greenest places in Copenhagen, which feature fascinating glasshouses. Over 13,000 species of flora and fauna can be seen here.
- Go Boats. Copenhagen is famous for its canals and harbors. Go Boats are special solar-powered boats, which are used mainly for tourist excursions. One such vehicle can take up to 8 people at a time. Take lunch with you and enjoy breathtaking views.
- Opera House will impress you with the beautiful architecture from the inside out. The unique building welcomes real art connoisseurs.
- Copenhagen’s Paris is an authentic neighborhood with lots of restaurants, cafes, and shops that preserve the Parisian chic. It is a favorite destination for those, who just want to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee in luxurious surroundings.
© Chris Tonnesen / Copenhagen Media Center
- The Hippy Free State of Christiania is about freedom. Among the locals, the area is known as a town within the city. Come here by bike and explore the eye-catching landscapes of Christiania.
© Travel Addicts
© Keith Corcoran/Alamy
- The Gallery of Noses at Glyptotek was founded in 1888, and since then it has become the center of ancient cultures of French, Danish and Mediterranean arts from the 19th century. Impressive displays of sculptures, arts and mummies are offered here.
- Carlsberg’s Elephant Gate. Two large elephants will welcome you here as the symbols of prosperity and luck. Lots of imagery and other signs can be found in the gates, including swastikas. Interestingly, every elephant bears initials of the founder’s remaining children.
- Tivoli Park is about fun and entertainment. Quaint gardens and theme parks may be a top choice for families. Despite it is an old site, it offers lots of excitement to its visitors on the roller coaster, one of the small eateries or high-end bars.
Striving to remember precious moments of a family or solo trip to Copenhagen, don’t forget to make arrangements with a professional photographer. The representatives of Wander Way are always glad to help you not only with cool ideas for a photo shoot but also making it real.