Lisbon is the capital of Portugal, and it is also one of the most vibrant and charismatic cities in Europe. The combination of traditional heritage with modern technologies and progressive ideas impress tourists the most. Thus, Lisbon is also a famous holiday destination with its rich history, glorious climate, and buzzing nightlife. Following the guide to Lisbon, you will never get bored as the city can boast of a variety of different activities and attractions worth visiting.
How to Reach the City
The city has a good transport junction, which means coming here will not be a big problem. Definitely, the fastest and the most convenient way to get to Lisbon is by plane, though you can also use a train or a car.
Basically, the biggest airport in the whole of Portugal is located in Lisbon, so you have an opportunity to come directly to the place.
Where to Stay
As a famous tourist destination, Lisbon offers a range of places to stay, depending on your budget and individual preferences. Thus, you can opt for apartments, hotels or hostels in any part of the city and enjoy an unforgettable vacation.
- Apartments. Alfama, Santos, Lapa, Chiado and Principe Real are famous districts people choose to stay. However, you should rely on your desires if you want to relax and enjoy the cozy atmosphere around or if you are fond of the city center with the constant noise of city life;
- Hostels. One of the world famous Hoscar hostels is in Lisbon, as well as multiple other worthy options. So, if you are still not sure about where to stay in Lisbon, just have a look at the list of available ones, ranging from backpacker favorites and up to fancy boutique art ones;
- The most famous hotels are located in the downtown of Baixa and the shopping district of Chiado. The Independent, Hotel Vincci Baixa, Brown’s Central Hotel and other options are offered for most demanding tourists.
Best Things to Do in Lisbon
Planning the trip ahead is important, especially if you want to come to Lisbon. Fortunately, the climate here is favorable, so there is no best time to visit Lisbon. Instead, every tourist opts for the season he/she enjoys the most. Depending on the timing, you will have an opportunity to enjoy various attractions and see famous spots in the city, immerse into the traditions and rich culture of the country and view fascinating landscapes:
- Beaches. Located close to a magnificent coastline, Lisbon features a wide range of sandy beaches and eye-catching natural scenery. The Cascais-Estoril coastline and Costa de Caparica are the most famous places to relax and enjoy the pleasant ocean breeze.
- Praça do Comércio is the impressive main square that will amaze you with the combination of simplicity and elegance.
- Rossio square in Baixa. Famous since medieval time, the area is a perfect recreational zone, where you can see the locals playing dominos, enjoy breathtaking views on the shady benches and enjoy Baroque fountains around.
- Lisbon Castle. Following the guide to Lisbon, the Castelo de Sao Jorge is one of the majestic and fantastic buildings you need to see. Buy tickets and enjoy the history inside. There is a café and numerous kiosks inside, so you will have some good time.
- The Se Cathedral and church of Saint Anthony are a good representation of the history. Additionally, people can participate in the service.
- The Miradouro de Santa Luzia viewpoint is one of the best-known Lisbon attractions. Its delightful atmosphere and a perfect view of the city are exactly what you need to see first.
- The Lisbon suspension bridge is one of the most notable landmarks in Lisbon, as this massive construction spans the River Tagus at its narrowest point.
- Belem tower is worth a quick look both inside and outside. A huge staircase will not impress you but the building may be interesting.
- Bica funicular is the most picturesque thing that will help you see the most beautiful spots in the city.
No matter if you just spend time on the best beaches in Lisbon or go sightseeing, you will surely want to commemorate all the valuable moments of your trip. Contact Wander Way team and arrange a meeting with a professional photographer in Lisbon. Unforgettable time with impressive results is guaranteed.