London is the capital of Great Britain and not only. It is the center of culture and history, as well as the thriving metropolis full of contrasts. Lots of lively scenes and breathtaking historic sites contribute to London as one of the most interesting travel destinations.
Following the guide to London, here you can find many fascinating parks, building, and spots worth attention. Have a look at world-famous places, like St. James Park, Shoreditch, Westminster Abbey, roam around impressive shopping malls and experience the vibrant nightlife of the city in order to completely immerse in the spirit and life of London.
How to Reach the City
As one of the most incredible travel destinations, London offers a diversity of interesting places to visit and views to take a photo of. That’s the main reason to plan the trip beforehand. Make sure you know the best time to visit London, how to get here, where to stay and other details.
The climate in the city is mild, with the temperature being average, rarely climbing too high or low. The main peculiarity of the weather in London is rain, which is frequently unexpected, so a raincoat and an umbrella may be just what you need.
The next thing that will help you get ready for the adventure is choosing how to come to London. Airport, bus and rail options are always available, and you can also drive a car. Heathrow airport is the largest airport in London, so the vast majority of travelers use it to come and leave. Gatwick and other airports can also be used to get to the desired destination.
Where to Stay
Finding accommodation in London will not be a problem, as the city has a well-developed infrastructure, with hundreds of hotels, hostels, and apartments. Opt for an appropriate variant that will suit your preference, needs, and budget. Follow the guide to London if the choice becomes a challenge:
- Corinthia Hotel London;
- Wombat’s City Hostel London;
- Aster House;
- Astor Hyde Park Hostel;
- Hotel 41 and others.
These are only a few most popular hotels and hostels in different districts that vary greatly in style, price, and level of comfort.
Best Things to Do in London
Cozy streets, the diversity of attractions and up-to-date opportunities of London welcome tourists from around the world. Here you can find the best places to visit and the most exciting things to do. Ready to start your adventure? Then follow the list:
- Covent Garden is special because of the unique theaters located here. Besides, it is a paradise for shoe lovers.
- SoHo is an amazing part of the city with lots of blues and jazz bars, pubs and party places.
- Kensingto, Chelsea, and Belgravia are characterized by the most luxurious residents and posh shops.
- Camden is an excellent place where you can meet punks and hippies, see dozens of tattoo parlors, boutiques, music venues, and markets.
- The City of London is the area you need to visit if you want to see the heart of the business. Financial districts with the biggest skyscrapers and important institutions will introduce you to the commercial world of London.
- Westminster is not only about Westminster Abbey, but also about the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace that will impress you from the first glimpse.
- Shoreditch is known as a creative London hub, famous for street art, nightlife, delicious food, and vintage shopping.
- The Shard is the tallest building in the whole UK, so you have an excellent chance to enjoy the beautiful view of London from the monolithic glass building.
- The London Eye is located opposite Westminster and provides tourists with a sweeping panorama of the fascinating city.
- Buckingham Palace is surely an iconic, must-visit place in London. The royal residence of the Queen will impress with the stunning architecture and eye-catching designs.
Irrespective of the places you choose to see and emotions to experience, taking photographs will be a good idea. Keep your trip in heart and save it on photo paper with a professional London photographer. Contact the team of Wander Way and arrange a photo shoot with an experienced, creative and professional photographer, who will help you spend perfect time with maximum positive emotions and quality photos.