New York is the city of contrasts. Here you can see everything from little streets with no visitors up to busy shopping malls and other places with lots of tourists. This is exactly the reason why it is considered to be one of the most interesting and exciting destinations for real adventurers. Just open the guide to New York City and enjoy the diversity of opportunities.
How to Reach the City
The place is appreciated not only for the wide choice of attractions and places to visit but also for its convenience and welcoming atmosphere. Depending on where the tourist is coming from, he/she can get to New York by plane, bus, train or car. There are two key airports in the city and over 100 airlines that fly here from various parts of the world. Additionally, you can take a train or bus from another state, which will be much cheaper. Driving the car is also a good option for those, who are fond of roads and long travels.
Additionally, before you start planning the trip, mind what the best time to visit New York City is. Each season has its advantages here, so you can relax and have the best summer holidays or opt for unique winter days spent in one of the best cities in the world.
Where to Stay
No matter if you are looking for a luxury studio apartment or loft-style hostel, there are many accommodations to choose from. Following the guide to New York City, the price of these variants will also vary from cheap up to expensive. Thus, a tourist has an opportunity to make up his/her mind and select the place he/she likes the most. Here are a few most required and famous hotels in New York:
- Freehand New York;
- POD 39;
- Made Hotel;
- The Baccarat Hotel;
- 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge and others.
- Apartments. Alfama, Santos, Lapa, Chiado and Principe Real are famous districts people choose to stay. However, you should rely on your desires if you want to relax and enjoy the cozy atmosphere around or if you are fond of the city center with the constant noise of city life;
- Hostels. One of the world famous Hoscar hostels is in Lisbon, as well as multiple other worthy options. So, if you are still not sure about where to stay in Lisbon, just have a look at the list of available ones, ranging from backpacker favorites and up to fancy boutique art ones;
- The most famous hotels are located in the downtown of Baixa and the shopping district of Chiado. The Independent, Hotel Vincci Baixa, Brown’s Central Hotel and other options are offered for most demanding tourists.
Best Things to Do in New York
You have definitely heard about exclusive New York City attractions, so it's time to recollect them. Make a plan and try to see as many interesting and memorable spots as possible.
- Washington Square Park. Both the spiritual and physical heart of Greenwich Village will impress you with its freedom. You will find lots of excitement and adventure in every part of this green and exotic area.
- Times Square. There is hardly anyone who hasn’t heard about this place. The most frenetic district will show you the realities of New York with its cacophony of shoulder-to-shoulder crowds and flashing lights people try to avoid.
- Brooklyn Bridge is the most iconic structure of the city and the prettiest bridge that will help you see the most eye-catching views just in 30 minutes.
- Top of the Rock is another place worth visiting. The picturesque view and the whole scope of the city can be seen from the top of this skyscraper.
- Empire State Building gives you a fascinating view of Manhattan. It is a skyscraper that once was the highest building in the whole world.
- Central Park is an excellent urbanized area to have a picnic, take in the greenery or ponder.
- Theater District represents a busy life of the city. Dozens of theaters, cinemas, hotels, and restaurants have much to offer.
- Coney Island remains one of the highly ranked seaside resorts. Unique shows and parades take place here, so you can happen to visit one of them.
- 9/11 Memorial Museum is devoted to the victims of terror at the World Trade Center site. The 30-foot waterfalls are located on the footprint where the Twin Towers stood.
- One World Trade Center is an ultimate way to understand life in NYC. Dine on the top floor of the tallest building of the city and enjoy its panoramic views.
There are lots of attractions and places to see in New York City, but there are even more emotions to remember and feelings to live through. The best way to commemorate valuable moments of your trip is to make arrangements with a New York photographer. Contact Wander Way and make sure your priceless trip to the city remains.