Can you think about any city in the world that will impress and amaze you more than Paris? A fascinating, interesting, romantic and multi-sided city offers a range of breathtaking views and engaging attractions for its visitors. Following the guide to Paris, tourists get a unique opportunity to wander in and out various cafes, museums, gardens, and other attractions.
How to Reach the City
Paris is one of the most popular destinations, so getting there will not be a problem. A well-known Charles de Gaulle International Airport welcomes those, who come by plane. Additionally, if you are coming from Europe, you can come by train. Keep in mind that the train system is well-developed in the city, so you should not waste money on taxis.
Where to Stay
While every corner, every street, and square are exclusive in Paris, it is important to take into account your individual preferences and desires, choosing the place to stay.
The decision may be challenging for those, who come here for the first time, but follow simple tips and opt for the best:
- The Louvre is the business district preferred by those, who enjoy trendy boutiques and luxury hotels;
- Le Marais features lively nightlife;
- The Latin Quarter is associated with affordable accommodation;
- Saint-Germain-des-Pres. The neighborhood vibe with lots of chic galleries and cafes;
- Eiffel Tower is a top choice for tourists who want to stay in the heart of the city.
- Champs-Elysees, Montmartre, and Montparnasse are other arrondissements you can choose for your stay.
Best Things to Do in Paris
Paris will catch your heart and mind right from the first visit and from the first glimpse. However, it is inevitable to plan ahead, paying due attention to such factors as the best time to travel to the city, the most convenient way to get to Paris, the district to stay in and others. Additionally, the city is full of attractions and sites you want to visit, starting from historical monuments up to world-known museums.
Take your time to choose the destinations you want to visit and follow the guide to Paris, which will help you do it:
- The Eiffel Tower. The trip to Paris is not complete if you don’t visit a famous tower. Fascinating views of the city can be opened from the top and eye-catching perspective of the Eiffel Tower can be seen from below.
- Louvre Museum is a world-known museum that hosts some of the most iconic pieces of art. Famous Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa statues are there.
- Notre Dame has always been a religious heart of Paris. The building is considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architectures. Gargoyle-framed city panoramas are also those significant things you can find here.
- Champs Elysees is one of the most iconic and interesting streets in Paris. Manicured trees line the boulevard on the sides, leading to another Paris attraction, the Arc de la Triomphe.
- Palais Garnier is the top destination for those, who love art and enjoy spending time surrounded by beautiful items and in a unique atmosphere. Make sure you have planned to see the massive foyer, the grand marble staircase and the painted ceiling, which depicts the history of music.
- Pantheon. Similar to Rome, Paris features its own pantheon in the Latin Quarter. While originally the building was planned as a church, nowadays, it is used as a final resting place for contemporary politicians, generals, scientists, and churchmen. Interesting Foucault’s Pendulum tracing the path of Earth can be found here.
- Arc de Triomphe is a fascinating spot, where you can see incredible sunsets and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the city. Besides, you can rest in one of the luxury cafes, restaurants, theaters, and shops here.
- Musée d'Orsay. The most prolific collections of world-known masterpieces are gathered here. The place is perfect for real virtuosos.
- Boulevard St. Germain is about rest and relaxation. Here you will notice lots of cozy cafes, designer boutiques, and classic brasseries.
- Musée Picasso is dedicated to the painter, sculptor, stage designer, and playwright. The collection of the stunning museum has over 5,000 of preserved works that help visitors understand and imagine the artistic process.
© Béatrice Hatala Musée national Picasso-Paris 2015
© Musée national Picasso-Paris Fabien Campoverde 2015
© Musée national Picasso-Paris Fabien Campoverde
Traveling around Paris is interesting and impressive, but the unforgettable emotions you get is the exact thing you should keep in your heart and mind. How can you save them? Taking lots of pictures is the best way to commemorate precious moments from the trip. Contact Wander Way team to arrange a professional photo session and get excellent, bright and emotional photographs from Paris.