Florence is one of the most beautiful and eye-catching cities in Italy. Moreover, it is frequently considered to be one of the most exciting places in the whole world. Hundreds of historic buildings, fascinating cobblestone streets, little cafes, and piazzas will impress you and catch your heart.
Following the guide to Florence, you will get an opportunity to immerse into the culture and history of the city and enjoy the spots you have never seen before.
How to Reach the City
Basically, Florence is not about history and architecture only; it is also famous for its food. Cute little cafes and luxurious, up-to-date restaurants serve the most exclusive pasta, gelato, and other delicious dishes.
Ready to get this unforgettable experience? Get a bus, train or plane ticket and come right here. Being a well-known tourist attraction, Florence offers a perfect junction, which allows people to come here by different transport.
Where to Stay
The beautiful historic spot provides a variety of unique lodging options for tourists with different financial situations. Thus, you should consider the level and the cost of the hotel, before you book it:
- Budget. B&B Hotel Firenze City Center, TSH Florence Lavagnini and several other hotels offer fun and trendy interiors, up-to-date rooms, complete clearness, and other specifications, like a game room or rooftop pool.
- Mid-range. Hotel Balestri, Plaza Hotel Lucchesi, Palazzo Alfieri Residenza D’Epoca are more presentable hotels that feature better location, more exclusive designs and perfect views of the city. Spacious rooms, beautiful amenities, cute garden grounds, lobby bars, and other options attract tourists, who are ready to pay money for comfort and this special “feeling of Florence”.
- Luxury. Those people, who value comfort, uniqueness, convenience and are ready to pay for these, will choose Grand Hotel Minerva, Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, Belmond Villa San Michele, Portrait Firenze – Lungarno Collection or similar offers. The hotels of this level provide their clients with exclusive designs of rooms, special atmosphere, and luxurious locations. It is a perfect variant for those, who want to wake up and see the fascinating view of the city center from the window.
Things to Do in Florence
If it is your first time in this beautiful city, you will definitely need a guide to Florence in order to see the most famous and interesting spots and get an unforgettable experience. In fact, each and every street of this ancient city has something exciting and intriguing, but there are several places 100% worth your attention:
- The Duomo is an architectural masterpiece you need to visit before you go back home. Climb right to the top of the prominent Florence symbol and enjoy the spectacular views.
- Pitti Palace & Boboli Gardens. This is a cool idea for those, who value art and nature. The 15th century Renaissance palace with breathtaking gardens will leave positive impressions for days.
- Piazzale Michelangelo. Need some rest? Probably, this is one of the top locations, where you can just relax, drink a glass of wine and enjoy a sunset with a panoramic view of the whole city.
- Piazza della Signoria will not give you a moment to relax, as this historic district has too much to offer to its visitors. The square is an open-air sculptural exhibition, where you can notice famous pieces literally in every direction.
- Ponte Vecchio is a unique bridge that has survived World War II. A lively street with fine little shops is a perfect spot for visitors who need presents or want to experience all the benefits of shopping in Florence.
- The Accademia is the last, but not the least place worth visiting in Florence. This small museum houses world-known David sculpture by Michelangelo, as well as other important paintings.
No matter what locations you choose and how much time you have for excursions, there is an opportunity to make your trip last longer. Contact the team of Wander Way Photo and make arrangements. Professional photographers will choose the best places, help you with poses and other details in order to get unique and excellent pictures in the center of Italian culture.