Tips for Making Perfect Engagement Photos
Before you start the photo shoot, you need to discuss some important points with a professional photographer. The quality of your engagement photo session usually depends not only on its idea but the following factors:
- Lighting. It is crucial for any photo session, especially when it comes to engagement or wedding. It is always preferable to arrange a photo shoot in the morning up to early afternoon, as it’s difficult to adjust proper lighting in the evening. More shadows can be created with extra lights, if necessary.
- Setting. Select a meaningful setting for your engagement photo shoot. It may be just a nice garden or forest, or something special for you and your soul mate, such as the café where you first met or the theme park, where you had your first date. Do not miss the possibilities you have.
- Contrasts. Texture and contrast are also important. Take colors and contrasts of the background into consideration, especially when you opt for clothes or other details.
- Ring. What is the most popular pose for an engagement shoot? Sure, it’s the ring hand pose, so it is inevitable to be confident that the ring is the key feature. Get ready with your manicure, clean the ring and make sure all the details are the best.
Engagement Photo Ideas
No matter if you choose romantic poses or even unique poses for your engagement photo shoot, it will not be enough. Do you know why? Because you need a general idea of the photo shoot. Is it early spring now and the weather is not perfect for bright and cool photographs? That’s not true. You just cannot find the right idea.
Consider the following ideas for different seasons:
- Fall: visit a lake, create a filming atmosphere, choose Halloween theme, capture falling leaves, catch the wind, lie on the blanket, snuggle together;
- Winter: dash through the snow, organize snowball fights, go ice skating, choose a pure white background, focus on faces, make snow angels;
- Spring: meet the sunrise, find the rainbow, get a street photo, add your pet to the photo;
- Summer: buy colorful balloons, take photos underwater or in the water, surf the waves, row away, etc.
Classic Engagement Photo Poses
When you have a nice idea for an engagement photo shoot and the lighting, setting, and other details are considered, you can proceed and choose the correct pose. Basically, there are numerous classic poses that look perfect, especially:
- Hug from behind;
- Lift and carry;
- Hands around waist;
- Silhouettes and similar ones.
Fun Poses for Engagement Photo Session
Apart from traditional poses, you can take your chance and create something fun and cool:
- Hands from neck;
- Forehead to forehead;
- Kissing hands;
- The piggyback back;
- Balloons and others.
Turn to Wander Way professional photographers if you lack ideas or experience, and qualified masters will take the best photos of you and your best half.