How to Reach the City
The main characteristic of Bangkok is hospitality. Its citizens are always welcoming to tourists and ready to show them every single corner of the city. And believe it or not, there is something to see and take pictures of literally on every street. Basically, Bangkok is the place of contrasts, so even the most demanding tourist will find something to enjoy. Longtail boat sailing, observing gleaming temples, tasting national cuisine and other options are offered for real adventurers.
Besides, a great range of shops, cafes, boutiques, and malls make hundreds and thousands of people come here. An important point here is that you need to forget about visiting Bangkok if you are not ready for its nightlife. Exclusive cabarets, famous red-light district, exotic nightclubs will never cease to amaze you.
Consequently, the city is a well-known tourist destination everyone knows about. Traveling here will not be a problem, as a considerable number of planes, buses, trains, and private tours exist to help you reach the desired destination.
Where to Stay in Bangkok
Bangkok is a city of contrasts, so, you can stay in one of the most interesting neighborhoods corresponding to your preferences. According to the guide to Bangkok, there are 8 main districts to stay in:
- Siam Square is a shopping mecca of Bangkok. Lots of supermarkets, department stores, fashion boutiques, and designer label shops are available here.
- Sukhumvit is a perfect area for those, who prefer luxury hotels, lively nightlife, and exquisite restaurants.
- Silom is also known as Bangkok Wall Street. The area features lots of business centers, corporations, and law companies.
- Khao San. Are you looking for a relaxing atmosphere? A plethora of bars, restaurants, and street vendors are offered here. Mid-range hotels and lots of inexpensive options can be found for convenient rest.
- Chinatown is the oldest neighborhood in Bangkok. It is currently one of the tourist attractions due to its active day and nightlife.
- Bangkok Old Town is known as a historic area which attracts mainly those visitors, who value architecture, art, and history.
- Dusit is a famous political center. This neighborhood is home to the Royal Palace, the National Parliament, and numerous boulevards.
- Thornbury. Relaxed atmosphere, traces of traditional Thai culture and realities of everyday life can be noticed by tourists who stay here.
Best Things to Do in Bangkok
Rich daytime life and intriguing nightlife of the city hide a range of interesting places and attractions, thus, be ready to investigate new areas and learn new facts about Thailand.
Plan your tour ahead, choosing the best time to go to Bangkok and the most interesting places to visit:
Floating Markets. Authentic experience, ultimate tourist atmosphere, and cultural shock are guaranteed. Just imagine dozens of rowboats floating by filled with vegetables, flowers, farm-fresh fruits, and other goods.
Grand Palace & Wat Pho
Grand Palace & Wat Pho are the magnificent buildings that are appreciated as top tourist attractions.
Chatuchak Weekend Market
Chatuchak Weekend Market is the leading shopping area in the city. All the products from counterfeit football shirts to souvenirs and fresh foods can be purchased here.
Wat Arun is also known as the Temple of Dawn. The beautiful building is one of the country’s symbols, which will catch your heart.
Chinatown is a well-known area here that offers unique shopping opportunities.
Chao Phraya River & Waterways
Chao Phraya River & Waterways. This place is the brightest representation of the changing scene of the day and night. Just stay here and enjoy.
Khao San Road
Khao San Road is usually defined as “the center of the backpacking universe”. The area is packed with mid-range hotels, budget guesthouses, clubs, and bars.
Wat Benchamabophit is another eye-catching temple in Bangkok. Lost of tourists come here to enjoy the fine architectural style and unique decorations of the building.
Lumpini Park is a piece of relaxing area in the concrete jungle of Bangkok. Green Park is the only escape from the bright sunshine of the city. The largest and oldest park is perfect for family picnics or solo relaxation.
Do not forget to commemorate your precious experience investigating Bangkok. Contact the team of Wander Way to arrange a photo shoot with a professional photographer knowing Bangkok like the palm of his/her hand.