How to Reach the City
While there are lots of distant tourist destinations that cannot be reached that simple, Barcelona is rather an exception. The vast majority of travelers fly to Barcelona airport and then use the RENFE train service to get to the center of the city. Besides, an Airport Express bus is a good method to find the way from the airport.
Despite traveling by plane is convenient and fast, it may be expensive, so people frequently use cars, trains, and buses. These ways to reach the city are not that comfortable but will save you a certain sum of money.
Where to Stay in Barcelona
Choosing a way to come to Barcelona and a place to stay in the city are the most important decisions a traveler should make before the adventure. So, depending on individual preferences, you can opt for multiple accommodations in different districts.
Mind the important factors before you choose a hotel or apartment to stay in:
- Cost. This is, probably, one of the first points people pay attention to. Barcelona is the city of contrasts, so it offers a plethora of choices for different types of travelers. Thus, you can find a nice accommodation with a cozy atmosphere, irrespective of the budget;
- Location. Mind the district you want to stay in. The city center is busy 24/7, so find a distant apartment if you are not a party person;
- Comfort. When you have opted for the suitable cost and location of the accommodation, pay due attention to the atmosphere in the place. Individual preferences and requirements play a major role here.
Best Things to Do in Barcelona
Barcelona is one of the best locations for exploring. The rich history and extraordinary architecture cannot be compared to anything else in the world, so it’s a perfect destination to spend a week or two. It is also inevitable to know the best time to visit the city. Following the guide to Barcelona, from May through October, the weather stays the most favorable.
Irrespective of the weather, the place you stay in and transport you choose for traveling or walking around famous places in Barcelona will leave it all behind. Check the list of attractions, you need to see:
- La Sagrada Familia is a world-known Catholic church that belongs to UNESCO world heritage. Designed by Gaudi, it is a real masterpiece with true beauty both inside and outside;
- Parc De La Ciutadella is an excellent place for dancing, picnicking, enjoying the sunshine and slacklining. It’s also home to Catalan Parliament and Barcelona Zoo;
- Barceloneta Beach is all about white sand, blue water, and a pleasant ocean breeze. Is there anything better than spending a day in the breathtaking beauty of the beach?
- Parc Güell is one of those favorite spots appreciated by both locals and tourists. It was also made a UNESCO world heritage, and currently, this colorful architecture is one of the most known around the planet;
- Casa Milà (La Pedrera) and Casa Batllo are the two buildings that impress by their shapes, colors, and constructions. The location is worth your time and money;
- Barcelona Cathedral is ranked as one of the most exciting Gothic buildings in Barcelona;
- Gothic Quarter. Narrow streets, charming labyrinths, cozy restaurants and lots of small shops are the key features of the district.
There is something interesting and exciting to see in every part of the city, so no matter what destination you choose, you will find eye-catching views, fascinating buildings, and other attractions. Why not commemorate these precious moments?